We offer a number of treatments that will treat the underlying causes of your condition – not just the symptoms – in order to bring about effective, long lasting improvement using:
Deep Tissue Massage
A slower, deeper massage technique which focuses on specific areas of pain and tension, using a combination of massage styles. It is especially helpful for chronically tense and contracted areas, such as a stiff neck, low back tightness and sore shoulders. It can also be very effective for conditions such as sciatica, frozen shoulder, whiplash, plantar fasciitis and repetitive strain injuries such as carpal tunnel syndrome. Deep tissue massage is perfect for someone who prefers a stronger pressure massage treatment. There may be some soreness during or right after the massage treatment, but this should go away within a day or two. As the name implies, it involves relatively intense treatment of an area but we are of course led by your level of comfort.
This treatment is not limited to those who play sport and can benefit anyone suffering with chronic muscular aches and pains, injuries or restricted movement. The aim of sports massage is to assist in correcting imbalances and problems caused by trauma, repetitive use or strenuous physical activity. The therapy involves manipulation of the soft tissues, isolating individual muscle groups using specific techniques.
Benefits of sports massage:
- Can help to enhance performance and recovery by improving suppleness and flexibility to muscles and joints.
- Regular treatments help to prevent future injuries.
- Reduces pain and swelling.
- Restores mobility to injured or sore muscles.
Indian Head Massage
Based on the ancient Ayurvedic healing system, which has been practised in india for over a thousand years. The aim of Indian head massage is to release the stress and tension that can accumulate in the tissues and muscles of the scalp, face, neck, shoulders, upper back and upper arms, promoting relaxation and well being. Indian head massage can also be an invigorating treatment improving concentration. This therapy can be performed without oils with the client sitting and fully clothed.
Indian head massage can be effective in:
- Relief from migraines, headaches and sinusitis.
- Reduction of muscular tension in the upper back, shoulders, neck, face and scalp.
- Relief from stress related disorders.
- Alleviation of eye strain.
- Improve scalp stimulation promoting healthy hair.
- Can help with insomnia and disturbed sleep.
This massage style is fluent, deeply relaxing and highly effective in treating stress related conditions, and general aches and pains. Stress often causes muscular aches and pains, irritability, poor decision making and a weakened immune system. Swedish massage focuses on minimising these effects incurred from our daily lives by helping to promote relaxation and wellbeing. Swedish massage is perfect for someone who prefers a light to medium pressure massage treatment.
Benefits of swedish massage:
- Ideal for unwinding and alleviating stress.
- Regular relaxation massage reduces blood pressure and heart rate.
- Ease of muscular tension, soreness and stiffness.
- Improved skin tone, circulation and elasticity.
- Boosts immune system.
- Aids better sleep and reduces insomnia.
Natural Lift Facial Massage (facial rejuvenation)
Natural lift facial massage incorporates a unique blend of highly effective techniques, drawn from both Japanese and Indian face massage, accupressure and facial reflexology. Many people suffer with facial tension which build up in the facial muscles causing puffiness, lines and wrinkles. Natural lift facial massage works by freeing constrictions both within the facial muscles and in the connective tissues helping you to look and often feel younger.
Benefits of Natural Lift Facial massage:
- Improves complexion, prevents and removes under eye bags, expression lines and age spots.
- Strengthens and tones muscles, helping to prevent skin sagging and fine lines.
- Excellent for tension headaches, eye strain and stress.
- Reduces puffiness by improving lymphatic flow.
- Repairs and balances the condition of the skin, minimising the ageing process.
Treatments are recommended at weekly intervals for 6 weeks, followed by monthly maintenance sessions.